Thursday, April 9, 2009
I finished making Mika's new dress and overall I'm pretty happy with it. I wish it was longer. I made a size 5 and as you can see, it isn't any too big for this 4 year old. I did LOTS of seam ripping in this dress. I guess it's to be expected due to my lack of sewing clothing. I probably couldn't have picked a more difficult dress pattern. It is lined entirely and has a zipper. Ugh. I didn't feel the need to embellish it with the ribbon or flowers it called for, I think it's cute without those things. I was going to just to hide the fact that the two different fabrics don't meet up perfectly in the back, but then decided that it isn't that noticible. Now I'm off to finish up her tooth fairy doll before that second tooth falls out!