Sunday, March 29, 2009

Baby Quilt





So I made my second quilt ever (this one is for Linkon) and I'm improving. Certainly learning with each new quilt which is good. On this quilt I did sashing and the squares were much smaller which didn't leave room for error. When I realized this I kind of freaked out and started to make my seam allowance smaller which would be ok if I did it consistently but I didn't, therefore the squares aren't all lined up. Oh well. My top stiching however, is SO much better. I think it's fabulous! Also, since it is only 36" square I decided to hand bind it which looks much nicer, but did take awhile for me to get the hang of it. I'll do it again, especially when the minky fabric is the back since I wouldn't want to run that through the machine, but I'm not sure if I'd do it on a large quilt. I spent about 4 hours doing the hand binding. I just did it when Mika goes to bed and needs someone in the living room watching tv so it wasn't really a chore! :)

1 comment:

Tim & MyLyn Wood said...

it looks great! i have no doubts linkon will love it!