Saturday, June 27, 2009

Fathers Day Gold!

We had a lovely Fathers Day celebration a day early, on Saturday instead of Sunday. Our celebration included homemade potato salad, green beans, Jamaican jerk burgers on the grill, grilled pineapple, and salted caramel ice cream. I made everything and Matt just had to grill. Yes, I even formed the burgers! I did marinate a couple of portabello mushrooms for myself. You can find the burger recipe on epicurious.com and the super yummy ice cream recipe here. The toffee bits (pictured) stayed nice and crunchy the day I made the ice cream but then melted and became all gooey the second day, so I recommend eating the ice cream the day you make it, and it was certainly worth the effort.

1 comment:

Matt Horn said...

Wow, another win for our camera's macro setting - nice picture wife!

(click to enlarge)