Thursday, December 18, 2008

New Scrapbook Page

Although I've done many pages since my last slide show post, I just wanted to post this one quickly since I spent a bunch of time on it and I like it so much. Since the surgery, it was more comfortable to sit on the couch or in bed, so I did loads of stitching on this layout and it reminds me of all the crafting my mom did. Also, since our family photo is the main focus of the page it really makes Matt and I think about how much we miss our moms. Since both of us lost our moms in October and it's breast cancer awareness month it really drives it home for us as well. (They both died of cancer, my mom had breast cancer) The thing I know that we really miss is them seeing the kids and vice-versa.

Anyway, here is the layout which is based on the October pagemaps sketch. I stitched the bird and the circle around it. If you click the photo, you can see an enlarged view. Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Alana said...

Very nice stitching. To give people a true appreciation of how much work this was you should have taken a before picture of all the random dots that you had to turn into a pattern.
This is the time to think about the family that has moved on. October 31st or November 1st is Samhain and Dia de los Muertos. Some people have a dinner on one of those days where they set places for their cherished ancestors to honor them. A cool tradition but not one that I've done. Mostly I just work on remembering this last week of October.

debra lynn said...

Yep, we just remember as well. Matt lost his mom on the 25th, so we end up talking about Mary Ann and Bonnie lots. I think of mom especially when working on the kids costumes. I know she would really have loved to help out with that. Probably could have dressed up in that funny hat and painted her face white and scared them! Remember that photo? I remember them in a happy way, knowing that that is what they would want. If they can see us, the best gift would be to see us all happy!

Alana said...

Second best Bonnie halloween picture: The witch hat and the green face paint. Not as scary as the plastic and yarn hat with the white face but still...

Deborah Mahnken said...

Beautiful stitching! I love your layout :) Thanks for playing along with us