Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Rocky Ledge Bars


Ok, so these are almost a staple in our house. I make them often. Everyone loves them. I did make a small change however. The caramel gets a bit too chewy in them so toffee chips work better for us. The kids don't like the chewy bits and I'm not a big caramel fan anyway. Even Matt who loves caramel prefers the toffee, I think it adds that extra bit of saltiness. Anyway they are pretty easy and they make everyone happy. I found that the white chocolate chips are mostly partially hydrogenated.... bla bla bla stuff, so I buy white chocolate baking bars and chop them up. The ingredients actually list white coco first. Also I do not line the pan with parchment. What a waste! I butter and spray with pam, they come out just fine. Yum! These bars are yummy--try them for yourself. Photo from Marthastewart.com. Find the recipe here.

3 comments:

Matt Horn said...

Much love for the Ledge bars ;-)

winterpeachblog said...

Do I see a flee market give-away button? I'll have to pop over and check it out.

mylyn wood said...

I love this! So cute! I might make one just to surprise Tim. :-)