Saturday, December 15, 2007

Birthday Take II and Tattoos

So we had a small Marshall party for Mika, again pirate themed. Why reinvent the wheel? It went great she was happy, the kids were happy, everyone loved Matts cooking. I only wish we would have captured the cute 'cake' on the camera! He made cinnamon rolls and put three on a cake stand a put a long skinny candle on each one. It was so cute. Mika was thrilled and although she didn't eat all of her regular cake at the first party, she did eat all of her cinnamon roll!

I'd have to say the funniest outcome of the party is her temporary tattoo. I can't figure out how she feels about it since she doesn't want to look at it now that the party is over. (It's a skull--she picked it out.) She hates changing clothes and warns us, "I might cry again". Mostly because she thinks it will damage it. Giving her a bath was the biggest challenge and she typically LOVES bath night. She cried for almost the entire bath and Matt had to put her in in with her fighting the whole way! Now, even a week later and for the last 4 days, I have been using it to my advantage. "But I don't want to take a nap, Mommy." "Do you want to take a nap, or do you want me to take off your tattoo?" She stands for a moment in contemplation... "I'll take a nap"... with a sigh of defeat. Its funny what I resort to to make naps and diaper changes easier. If I had known the outcome of the tattoo, however, I would have never put it on.

No comments: